What is a ketogenic diet?
A ketogenic diet, or simply keto diet, involves eating foods low in carbohydrates but high in fat. This combination causes your body to produce a ketone known as beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB). Ketones can be an alternative metabolic fuel, but if your body doesn’t have enough glucose to use it, it taps into fat stores for energy in a process called ketosis. Many celebrities live on a ketogenic diet because it can assist with weight loss, control blood sugar, and may help ward off diseases such as Alzheimer’s. Unlike other diets, you can consume a variety of healthy foods that are also nutritious. Check out these 7 ketogenic friendly vegetables below.
(1) Asparagus - Low Carb,pre-biotic fibre, phyto-nutrients
(2) Cabbage - Low Carb, Source of Sulphur
(3) Broccoli - source of omega3, phyto-nutrients
(4) Kale - low carb, source of omega3
(5) Celery- rich in vitamin K, and it also contains folate, vitamin A, potassium, and vitamin C.
(6) Cucumbers - excellent source of vitamin K and molybdenum. They are also a very good source of the pantothenic acid. They are also a good source of copper, potassium, manganese, vitamin C
(7) Brussel Sprouts - contain small amounts of vitamin B6, potassium, iron, thiamine, magnesium and phosphorus
Looking to start a Keto-Style Nutrition Plan?
Purchase Dean’s METABOLIC365 Program today and request a Keto-Diet / Nutrition plan on the Questionnaire form.